THE SOUTH METRO REGIONAL SAFETY COUNCIL IS A SEPARATE COMMITTEE OF THE SOUTH METRO REGIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
WHAT IS A SAFETY COUNCIL?
Thousands of Ohio Employers find value and workers’ compensation premium savings by actively participating in their state authorized BWC council. You can join them!
South Metro Regional Safety Council is a group of business people, company executives and business managers who are interested in providing a safer and healthier work place for their employees’ and all workers in Ohio. We meet once a month, with a different speaker each meeting to discuss various safety issues in the workplace.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
Just fill out Membership Application and return by mail or fax. You can join anytime, but to be eligible for BWC’s Safety Council rebate, we must process your enrollment by July 31, annually.
Enrollment in the Safety Council is open to all private companies, self-insured, public employers, and state agencies in Ohio who pay premiums to the workers’ compensation system.
WHAT IS THE BWC PREMIUM REBATE AND HOW DO I BECOME ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE IT?
- Be enrolled in a local safety council by July 31st annually.
- Attend 10 approved meetings or events, at least 8 through the local safety council. Up to 2 of the 10 can be external approved educational options, but all 10 can be safety council meetings. It is the employer’s responsibility to submit documentation to his/her safety council by June 30th, annually, for attendance at non-safety council training or events to qualify.
- CEO, or highest-ranking authority, must attend one safety council-sponsored function or meeting annually (this counts as 1 of the 10 required meetings).
- Submit semi-annual reports for the required calendar year.
REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE THE 2% PARTICIPATION REBATE AND THE 2% PERFORMANCE BONUS
2% Participation Rebate
- Employers meeting these participation eligibility requirements will receive a rebate of 2% of their annual premium.
- The rebate offer excludes self-insuring employers and state agencies. However, BWC encourages everyone to become active safety members.
- Employer must have active coverage status and no outstanding BWC balance to qualify.
2% Performance Bonus
- Employers who reduce their frequency or severity by 10% or more below the previous year’s frequency or severity, or employers who maintain either frequency or severity at zero will receive an additional 2% refund of their annual premium.
Your Invitation to Participate!
Anyone is welcome to attend an upcoming meeting or program to find out more about the South Metro Regional Safety Council. For more information, contact the South Metro Regional Chamber of Commerce by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (937) 433-2032 or Fax (937) 433-6881. Visit the Council Website at www.southmetroregionalsafetycouncil.org for a list of meeting dates and topics.
Download a Safety Council membership application.